Asking For A Letter Of Reference Everything You Need To Know
Asking For A Letter Of Reference
Academic letters of recommendation may contain the following:
* Academic performance
* Honors and awards
* Initiative, dedication, integrity, reliability, etc.
* Willingness to follow school policy
* Ability to work with others
* Ability to work independently
If you have any questions or concerns about the reference letter you've drafted, ask co-workers or friends to give the draft a once over. There might be things about the person you've overlooked that they can point out, too. A second set of eyes on a reference letter can really help, especially if the eyes belong to a person who knows the job candidate, as well.
There has been a noticeable rise in lawsuits against employers and referral agencies for hiring and referring candidates who were unfit for their jobs and who also harmed innocent third parties. Sometimes, the basis of these negligent hiring and referral lawsuits is that the employer didn't do a complete reference check on the candidate or misrepresented the qualifications and characteristics of the candidate.
* Recommendation Letter Tips
* Below are some tips to think about when preparing a reference letter.
* Although recommendation letters are written to a wide variety of people for a variety of reasons, most follow a standard format. When writing your referral letter, keep the following points in mind:
* If you have decided to write a letter, however, follow the basics of a good sample reference letter can really help you through the process. Based on some of the best sample reference letters, here are some tips for you.
Below is a sample reference letter. Hopefully you find it useful.
I have known Name in a variety of capacities for many years. He has been my daughter's riding instructor for the past several years. In addition, he is my partner in a small business where she is responsible for writing and editing articles and website content.
Name possesses solid writing skills which have enabled him to compose quality correspondence. He also has the analytical skills to diagnose problems and devise viable solutions. His ability to remain unflustered during frenzied periods like tax season proves his ability to work well under pressure.
Name was a student in my class this last semester. His frequent and enthusiastic participation in class discussion as well as his probing inquiries outside of class demonstrated the seriousness and dedication with which he approaches his schooling. On a personal note, Name possesses a quick wit and a warm personality.
Name is well-liked by his classmates and has demonstrated on several occasions that he is willing to do more than is required. He has conducted class review sessions, and all the indications that I received suggest that he did an outstanding job. His work is evidence of his positive attitude, and demonstrates both his willingness to contribute and the high esteem in which he is generally held.
Name would be a tremendous asset for your company and has my highest recommendation. If you have any further questions with regard to her background or qualifications, please do not hesitate to call me.
Asking For A Letter Of Reference